Temp Solutions is the temporary staffing bank run by Devon County Council, supplying temporary staff to Council departments and other third-party public/voluntary sector organisations.
If you're a flexible and motivated individual looking to make a difference in the lives of Devon's people then we want to hear from you! Working with Temp Solutions gives you access to a diverse range of placements and the opportunity to have some flexibility in your work/life balance.
The role that we have on offer is in our Customer Service Centre in Tiverton which requires 4 weeks training on site with the option to work remotely after this.
This role will last 4 months with the possibility of extending although this is not guaranteed.
Job Purpose including main duties and responsibilities:
To work as a Customer Service Advisor at a Customer Service Centre - dealing with telephone enquiries from the public, professionals and partner agencies in relation to services provided by Devon County Council.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Customer Adviser will:
- Provide a single point of contact for the public, Local Government officials, internal members of DCC, other authorities and agencies. 80% of contacts to be resolved at first point.
- Respond to enquirers in a timely and courteous way. To receive calls in a sensitive manner and awareness of confidentiality.
- To utilise own knowledge and use of ICT systems as a means of resolving the enquiry.
- To meet, actively commit to and promote in a positive manner DCC Customer Service Standards when using communication media including telephone, email, SMS and textphone.
- Handle calls for other CSC colleagues and teams as demand requires.
- Engage with customers, provide them with update on the enquiries, capturing specific customer feedback and complaints in line with agreed corporate procedures and resolve where appropriate.
- Update CSC information bases as required.
- Work to DCC corporate employment, equality and customer standards, complying with data protection act.
we're looking for candidates that have the flexibility to meet the demands of temporary bank work offered within the role. You'll have excellent interpersonal skills, and work hard to deliver a friendly and professional service to customers and colleagues alike regardless of the environment you're working in.
Advisors will need previous experience of working in a Customer Service environment, ideally including telephone work. Competent IT skills and ability to use Microsoft Office packages and databases and also be competent in using the internet and other search engines to locate information.
You don't need to have worked in local government before - we're most interested in the skills and experience that you can offer us. Experience within an administrative, clerical or customer service environment is of interest to us, but we're keen to hear from candidates with diverse career backgrounds.
What we can offer you
Working with Temp Solutions offers a great opportunity to try a variety of roles, and potentially explore a new career path that you might never have considered! In return for the vital contribution you make to the delivery of Devon's public services, you'll get:
- Competitive pay in line with local government pay scales
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave per year (pro-rata) - accrued and paid separately from working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - an attractive, career-average pension
- Access to a variety of temporary placements across the County Council and other organisations
For an informal discussion about this role, please call 01392 383000 and ask for Temp Solutions.
DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£20,444 pro rata
- Job TermCasual
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required