We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking person to work in our English Department. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Head of English but will also need to use their initiative and be confident to work independently. Applicants should be able to demonstrate a high degree of literacy. The role involves providing support for pupils, including those with special needs, to enable access to learning. You will be tenacious and committed to supporting the needs and development of individual pupils whilst being an excellent team player and communicator. The role also encompasses supporting the management of the department’s stock, resources and monitoring processes. Previous experience of working with pupils with different abilities would be an advantage. The successful candidate will provide support across both KS3 and KS4 (age 11-16 years).
Candidates should demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• A high standard of English;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Patience and positivity;
• Support inclusion and be fully committed to ensuring the very best for all our pupils;
• The ability to support colleagues, use positive behaviour management strategies and ensure the school continues its excellent provision for all pupils.
As employers, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and, in that regard, have appropriate policies and procedures. All staff undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and interviews will include questions about safeguarding children.
An application form, job description and information relating to our standing and success are available on our website.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 10am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 7 October 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonMid DevonDevonTorridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade C £9.99 - £10.39 per hour (depending on experience and pay award pending)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required