Responsible to: Cover Manager
1. To encourage effective learning through classroom cover for teachers and individual student support;
2. To work under the guidance of teaching staff and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement work programmes with individuals/groups in or out of the classroom including the supervision of whole classes during the short term absence of teachers;
3. To undertake lesson cover, supervising whole classes during the absence of teachers, including registration and prep periods. This will include:
● Giving instructions for the lesson as provided by a teacher;
● Maintaining good order and keeping pupils on task;
● Responding to general questions and providing general feedback to teachers, recording and reporting as appropriate;
4. To undertake exam invigilation as required;
5. To undertake supervisory duties as required when not covering for an absent teacher, either with individuals or small groups;
6. To support designated pupils/colleagues/teams as required when not needed for cover duties.
The Cover Supervisors will be subject to the general supervision applicable to all staff and will act under the professional direction of teachers.
Key Function 1: General Duties;
Key Function 2: Support for Pupils;
Key Function 3: Support for the Teacher;
Key Function 4: Support for the Curriculum;
Key Function 5: Support for the School.
For more details, please see the full job description.
To apply, please visit www.theparkschool.org.uk and complete the application form.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@theparkschool.org.uk.
Interview Date: w/c 30 October 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation SupportTeaching - Secondary
- Salary Details
NJC Grade D Scale Points 8-12 £22,777 - £24,496 pro rata (actual starting salary £17,121 per annum, including holiday pay and pending pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
32.5 hours per week (8.30am - 3.45pm), 38.8 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required