Required to start as soon as possible.
You will be a key person covering for absent teachers, promoting positive behaviour and maintaining a constructive working environment for all students mainly within our Study Centre. You will work closely with teachers to ensure that students have clear instructions and the necessary resources for their learning.
If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What We’re Looking For
• Experience of working with students in a formal setting without immediate supervision
• Ability to manage student behaviour effectively
• Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
• A positive and resilient approach to working in a role where change is a constant
• Commitment to keeping our students safe - with knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection, confidentiality, Health & Safety and other key policies/procedures
• The ability to use school IT systems
Why Work With Us?
• There is a range of social activities for staff, with end-of-term socials at a variety of local venues. Friday Club where staff meet for coffee, tea and biscuits. Staff meet for annual celebrations such as our carol service, concerts, plays and productions; there are end-of-term staff lunches.
• TGGS has a strong House Culture and all new members of staff are assigned to one of our five Houses. You will have the opportunity to take part in the wide variety of house activities including staff vs students sports, fundraising activities, Sponsored Walk and the House Shout.
• The Sports Hall provides a fitness suite, with £50,000 of machines, and is free for staff use.
TGGS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References will be taken up for all shortlisted applicants, and the successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and other employment checks.
To apply, please go to https://www.tggsacademy.org/vacancies and follow the application process. All applications must be on the Application Form – CVs are not accepted.
Interview Date: Monday 10 October 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£15,162 - £16,412 actual per year (£20,644 - £22,346 FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum (term time)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required