A permanent full-time case officer vacancy exists within the Court of Protection Team.
The team deal with people’s property and financial affairs where the person lacks capacity to do so themselves and acts under the direction of the Court of Protection. The role includes dealing with all day to day aspects of people’s finances, submitting applications to the court in respect of new referrals, and attending safeguarding and best interest meetings.
It is an interesting and challenging role involving extensive contact with a variety of people and professionals from assorted backgrounds. We are required to act in the person’s best interests at all times and work to Local Authority Deputy Standards which are actively monitored by the Office of the Public Guardian.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, self-motivated, well organised, has excellent communication skills and can manage a busy caseload.
Travel within Devon will be required for this role.
For an informal chat about this role please contact Julian Partridge on 01392 383000.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
£29,174 - £32,798 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required