Devon-wide, dynamic, progressive, user-led organisation seeks a Countyside Mobility Operations Manager.
Countryside Mobility provides safe, enjoyable access to the South West's most scenic locations for anyone who has difficulty walking, through our hire network of all-terrain mobility scooters known as Trampers. To be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Countryside Mobility (CM) scheme, ensuring it runs efficiently and safely. This includes management of our fleet of all terrain mobility scooters (Trampers); working with our partner sites; overseeing customer care and service user membership systems.
- To oversee routine maintenance of Trampers owned by LOD
- Ensure all LOD owned Trampers receive annual services
- In the event of breakdowns or damage, manage responses effectively
- Review and improve existing fleet database
- Pre-Hire Coordination
- Coordinate the refurbishment of trampers
- Provide support and training to partner sites
- Ensure compliance with all relevant CM procedures and H&S legislations
- Line Management of Membership and Database Officer
- Promotion of the CM service
- Regular site visits
Living Options Devon exists to ensure people with physical, learning and/or sensory disabilities and Deaf people with sign language can make an active and equal contribution in society.
To become part of our organisation you should have the following skills:
- Degree level education or work experience equivalent
- High levels of literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience in managing and delivering projects
- Experience of maintaining successful partnerships
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Experience of using a range of communication methods, including social media.
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to think laterally and creatively in order to propose innovative solutions
- Tactful, diplomatic and confident
- Ability to travel across the South West. This includes occasional need to drive a larger vehicle to transport and load/unload Trampers
- Excellent use of IT including good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, holiday days increase up to the value of 28 for extended service.
- Flexible working location – remote/Exeter office based.
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Training and development opportunities.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully Accessible office with on-site parking
An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Living Options Devon strives to be user-led in all that we do, and we welcome applications from disabled and Deaf people.
Please note all applications have to be received by a completed application form which can be downloaded from our website. https://www.livingoptions.org/get-involved/work-with-us/ and returned to email@example.com by the closing date.
Closing Date: Friday 16th December 2022
Interview Date: Week commencing 2nd January 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
Office based in Exeter LOD HQ with option for flexible working as per our flexible working policy.
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementYouth & Community
- Salary Details
NJC Scale 19: £25,991 FTE
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
24 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required