The main purpose of the job is to act in a statutory capacity as the County Registrar of Births, Deaths & Marriages and to be legally responsible for all stock and registers issued to Devon Registration Service for the purpose of current registrations. The postholder must by law take personal responsibility for certificate stock in their care.
The services delivered by Devon Registration Service include:
•Registration of births, deaths and still births
•Marriage, civil partnership and non-statutory ceremonies
•Production of copy certificates
The post holder will support and deputise for the Registration Service Manager/County Superintendent Registrar using a highly collaborative approach with a strong focus on innovative interpretation and customer service. They will also provide specialist advice and expertise in implementing the law and ensure that statutory requirements are complied with.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£29,174 - £32,798 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
22.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required