You would be:
• Managing, supporting and developing a team of Revenue and Benefits staff
• Working closely with another team leader and the Lead Officer
• Getting involved in the billing, collection, recovery and maintenance of Council Tax accounts and overpaid Housing Benefit sundry debtor accounts
• Administering our Council Tax Reduction scheme
• Dealing with complex cases, customer complaints and appeals
• Flexible working
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave and wellbeing package
• 48.7% off gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres
• Opportunities for career and self-development
• Experience of working in a Revenue and Benefits environment.
• Experience of managing a team, ideally with equivalent ILM level 3 team leader or supervisory qualification
• IRRV technician or equivalent qualification
• enjoy solving problems, taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
• don’t get flustered easily.
• are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
• pay attention to details.
• can communicate clearly, explaining just about anything to anyone, whether it’s written, virtual, in person or on the phone.
• think on your feet, like learning new things and when things change you can adapt.
• are motivated and driven.
• volunteer for new challenges without being asked.
• are going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
For an informal discussion please contact Nikki Rawley, Council Tax Lead Officer 01626 215557.
For full job/person specification please refer to the job description.
To apply please visit: Teignbridge Council Jobs
Interview Date: 16th August 2022 at Forde House offices
- OrganisationTeignbridge District Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
Grade 23: £27,514 - £29,174 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required