Within Devon County Council we are embarking on an exciting period of significant transformation and change. With our new The best place - Strategic Plan (devon.gov.uk) we are committed to driving real change to create a fairer, healthier and more caring Devon; one that is greener, more prosperous and offers an inclusive future for all.
Working within our strategic plan a new opportunity has arisen to work alongside the Children’s & Young People’s Futures Leadership Group to ensure their built environment outside of the school’s estate meets service priorities. We are seeking an enthusiastic person with asset management experience to review, set direction and deliver changes within the Children’s Service Estate, both physical and cultural changes. Someone who can think practically and work collaboratively to oversee the Children’s Service Estate, ensuring timely and relevant management information is available to inform management decisions.
The Council has a diverse estate in addition to direct service provision the Council provides office accommodation for over 5000 Council employees. This is a high profile, varied and important post focussed on the Children’s Service estates and presents a real opportunity to make an impact.
The post-holder will work within the Corporate Estates Team, a small and friendly team and with colleagues across the organisation and with partner agencies. Whilst the main base is County Hall in Exeter, the role is suitable for flexible working.
Please note that there will be a written exercise as part of the interview process. Interviews will be held virtually via TEAMS (you will need access to a laptop/ computer with webcam & microphone).
For an informal chat about the above post before applying please contact Jayne Fox on telephone number 01392 385397 or email email@example.com (until 10th June) or Melanie Wellard on telephone number 01392 382873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why come and work for Devon County Council?:
- Flexibility with working hours and agile working locations
- Excellent health & wellbeing culture within the organisation
- Excellent employee discount scheme – ‘Devon Discounts’ – Accommodation, Food & Drink, Leisure & Transport and more!
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Excellent ongoing internal learning, development & training opportunities
- Peninsula Pension scheme membership
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities for promotion and progression within the organisation
Are you interested by what you have seen above? Then do not delay! This is your opportunity to join a fun, vibrant and dynamic team. Click the apply button below NOW!
Part of the application will include you having to type a supporting statement. It is Important that you look at the job description and person specification when typing your supporting statement and provide examples to show how you can demonstrate your skills and qualities! The supporting statement will form a VITAL part of the selection process, including if you will be invited to formal interview stage! Remember to sell yourself!
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.