Corporate Debt Officer - Torbay Council
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- Grade E, Scp 7-1: £22,369 - £24,054 FTE
We are looking to expand our corporate debt team via this interesting role. It encourages innovative behaviours to enable recovery of the councils’ various debt streams which directly impacts our community with the services that we provide.
- Willing to contribute to change and help implement service developments and goals
- Confident to undertake potentially difficult conversations with customers to resolve their outstanding debt
- Able to explore solutions to understand debt and successful outcomes for both the council and the customer
- Flexible to changing deadlines and managing tasks with a positive attitude and team spirit
- Willing to embrace training on council IT systems, debt specific recovery procedures, local debt recovery practices and tools
- Awareness of the councils’ debt streams as well as debt recovery process is advantageous but not essential
The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop and challenge themselves within the role surrounded by a highly supportive team, whilst minimising loss and helping to maximise debt recovery.
This role encourages the fusion of knowledge and life experience to understand the challenges some of our community face whilst experiencing financial hardship and offer resolution.
This post is potentially open to hybrid/remote homeworking for the right candidate but is predominantly an office based role within Torquay.
We offer a flexible working hours scheme to suit service requirements upon successful probation completion.
Additional benefits are 25 days annual leave as well as bank holidays; a generous pension scheme; employees benefits including a cycle to work scheme; employee discounts on retail shopping and more.
There is currently a market supplement uplift on the advertised salary.
For an informal discussion please contact: Debbie Whyte on:01803 208270 or Melanie Clements on: 01803 208283
References will be sought prior to any offer of employment.
Interview Date: 4 April 2023.
- OrganisationTorbay Council
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
Grade E, Scp 7-1: £22,369 - £24,054 FTE
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required