We are looking to expand our corporate debt team via this interesting and important role that encourages innovative behaviours to enable recovery of the council’s various debt streams.
• Willing to contribute to change and help implement service developments and goals
• Confident to undertake potentially difficult conversations with customers to resolve their outstanding debt
• Able to explore solutions to understand debt and successful outcomes for both the Council and the customer
• Flexible to changing deadlines and managing tasks with a positive attitude and team spirit
• Willing to embrace training on council IT systems, debt specific recovery procedures, local debt recovery practices and tools as well as access legislation
• Awareness of the councils debt streams as well as debt recovery process is advantageous but not essential
The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop and challenge themselves within the role surrounded by a highly supportive team, whilst minimising loss and helping to maximise debt recovery.
There is currently a market supplement uplift on the advertised salary of £2,127 PA
For an informal discussion please contact: Debbie Whyte on 01803 208270 or Melanie Clements on 01803 208283.
References will be sought prior to any offer of employment
For further information and to apply please visit http://www.torbay.gov.uk/council/jobs/applying-for-a-job/
Interview Date: 21st December 2022
- OrganisationTorbay Council
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportFinance & AccountingBusiness Services
- Salary Details
£22,369 - £24,054
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required