We will consider applications for part time hours and job sharing.
We are seeking to appoint two skilled, enthusiastic, and experienced Contracts officers to work as a member of the Market Management Team, part of the strategic commissioning team for Integrated Adult Social Care in Devon County Council.
You will have a wealth of contract management experience; it would be desirable but not essential to have experience in the health and social care sector and demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively with both internal colleagues and external providers.
Alongside colleagues we aim to make a real difference to people's lives by developing and maintaining a sufficient market, supporting performance with quality provision within ever changing legislative requirements.
Working in Adult Care and Health, you will:
- Work with colleagues who are passionate about improving the lives of people we work with in our communities.
- Be part of a strong, professional organisation and play an active role within a supportive team working alongside our provider market.
- Develop and lead robust contract management process and build positive relations within the market.
- Have access to attractive terms and conditions, including flexible working arrangements.
Skills we are looking for (not exhaustive list)
- Experience of managing strategic and significant contracts on a day-to-day basis
- Experience of working within the independent sector
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Use of technology required as the role is mainly remote
- Experience of working in the context of complex and changing priorities
- Time management to deadlines
- Well-developed communication skills –both written and verbal
- High levels of influencing and negotiation skills
Interview will take place on 8th and 11th July
For an informal discussion about this post please contact
Heather Mills on 07966 109486
Working for Devon County Council has all the benefits that you can expect from a large employer.
In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life
- Flexible working opportunities, including homeworking (subject to the needs of the role)
- Discounts from local and high street retailers through the Devon Discounts scheme
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
Information about Working for Devon.
Personal data we collect from you will
This role requires a DBS disclosure.