The Supervised Contact Service are seeking a flexible & enthusiastic individual who has a desire for working with children and their families. The right individuals will be passionate about safeguarding children and will be child-focused in their practice to promote positive relationships between children and their families. The Service continues to work towards developing a restorative and relational practice framework as an underpinning ethos to ensure that we are working with and for our children and families.
The Supervised Contact Service facilitates contact sessions between children and their families across Devon. Supervised contact supports the physical safety and emotional wellbeing of a child when it is determined this may be at risk whilst they have contact with their family member.
As a Contact Supervisor, you would be expected to work closely and professionally with your colleagues, Social Workers, Foster Carers and other Court or Social Work professionals to deliver positive and meaningful contact sessions for children and their families, during this challenging period of their lives. The successful candidate will be able to show empathy and support to both children and adult service users whilst building and sustaining positive relationships.
The Supervised Contact Service is made up of 4 service areas across Devon: North Devon, East & Mid Devon, Exeter and South Devon. You will be based in the South area, but the service works Countywide, therefore you may be allocated work in another area across Devon, with agreed transport time and travel expenses covered.
An enhanced DBS check, a driver’s license and access to a vehicle will be essential for this post.
For more information contact Fiona Keen firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
2x 37 hours per week and 1x 30 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required