An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Communications and Engagement Service at Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
We are looking for a Consultation and Engagement Officer to support the aims of the Service by enabling us to better connect with our communities and our staff.
As Consultation and Engagement Officer, you will be responsible for carrying out consultations, using a range of methodologies, analysing the results and presenting findings, investigating new and innovative consultation methods, and supporting the development and delivery of the Service consultation and engagement strategy.
You will be supporting colleagues in carrying out engagement activities, encouraging ways our communities, staff, and partners to connect with the Service to learn about and guide our future direction and plans. As well as supporting others, you will be instrumental in organising internal events such as the annual People Awards and staff engagement events.
You will be responsible for handling and resolving complaints, following our complaints policy, seeking customer feedback on our services and regular reporting on compliments and complaints received by the Service.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to collate and analyse complex data and qualitative responses and report on outcomes and recommendations
- The ability to work accurately with attention to detail • Customer facing skills including the ability to motivate, negotiate, influence, and defuse
- Knowledge and experience in supporting consultation and engagement exercises
- Skills in verbal and written communication, diplomacy, and advocacy
- Self-motivation, creativity, and innovation
- Good working knowledge of the law about consultation and data protection.
- The ability to work with people and influence at all levels of an organisation
- Proven ability to work with software packages including survey and analysis tools.
For further information and to apply please visit Consultation and Engagement Officer | Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (dsfire.gov.uk)