We are looking for someone with experience in the construction trades who has a genuine desire to make a positive contribution to the lives of young people.
On Track Education Services Ltd is a not-for-profit company established in 2004. The company now operates eight independent special schools and additional support services around the country for young people with a range of diverse special educational needs. Students have their places funded by their local authorities or schools.
On Track Education Barnstaple opened in September 2015 and now occupies three sites in Barnstaple and Bideford. One is situated on the Whiddon Valley Industrial Estate and is designed for use by students who are on the autistic spectrum and students who live with high levels of anxiety or who need a low-stimulation, highly private environment. Our site on the Roundswell estate allows us to cater for students who are still developing their learning skills and who need high levels of flexibility, behavioural support and appropriate social interaction inputs. Our site in Bideford has given us space for experiential learning and the delivery of Thrive and therapy sessions.
We provide education for students with a range of SEND including self-esteem, mental health, ASC, genetic/hormonal conditions and emotional needs. The students, who all have EHCPs, each follow a personalised, individual curriculum ranging from Early Years provision to GCSE and Vocational Qualifications. The school provides full-time education for the students on roll as well as outreach, intervention and tuition services for other schools in the area.
A recognised teaching qualification would be ideal, however, for the right candidate and skill set we are willing to support you in gaining a relevant teaching qualification.
- Deliver practical learning on a 1-2-1 basis or to small groups of pupils
- Plan and deliver construction courses to young people. Units of delivery may vary in accordance with the skill set of the tutor
- Effectively monitor the progress of each pupil, checking their understanding systematically and effectively, putting in place clearly directed and timely interventions
- Support all pupils to become confident, self-assured learners
- Vocational sector specific qualification or proven industry specific experience eg brickwork, carpentry, joinery, plastering, painting and decorating, electrical wiring and circuits, wallpapering, plumbing, health and safety and tiling.
- Experience in teaching, instructing or coaching groups preferred
- A passion for working with pupils with SEN and a range of emotional and behavioural difficulties
- A dedication to positive behaviour management
- High levels of motivation, commitment and enthusiasm are essential as well as the ability to inspire, motivate and empathise with young people.
Why work for On Track?
- Our holistic approach to education with a focus on emotional and social development
- The opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of children who can be educationally overlooked
- To work as part of a dedicated and supportive team
On Track Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Robust safeguarding checks will be undertaken before the appointment is confirmed including a full Disclosure And Barring Service check.
On Track places safeguarding at the heart of all that it does and all staff are expected to be mindful of safeguarding and child protection issues in relation to all pupils
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 therefore certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed, and if they are disclosed, we cannot take them into account.
We are an Equal Opportunities organisation, totally Committed 2 Equality.
For further information and an application form contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Applications to be submitted by 5pm, Wednesday 30th November 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
£21,260 - £32,230 dependent on teaching qualifications and experience
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required