We are looking for a part time Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join our Occupational Therapy Team for 18 months.
Care Direct Plus Occupational Therapy teams assess and screen referrals into Adult Social Care. The team give advice and information using a strength-based approach, arrange provision where required, or refer onto other teams within Devon County Council or our partner agencies. This represents an exciting opportunity to develop your skills in a Social Care setting.
Your Occupational Therapy intervention will include arranging services within eligibility criteria including prescribing daily living equipment, arranging major and minor adaptations, close liaison with partner agencies as well as providing consultation, support and advice to a range of staff working within the remit of Care Direct Plus.
Clinical responsibilities include skilled and specialist work for people with disabilities aimed at maximising their independence, safety and potential. You will be assessing the needs of people with a wide range of disabilities and health conditions, both face-to-face and via telephone. You will manage a caseload and undertake lone working in a variety of settings.
You will be required to provide a person-centred service through specialist clinical assessment within the context of local government and health policy and legislation. The role involves working as part of the Care Direct Plus team of Occupational Therapists with OT Team Manager support.
As a Band 6 Occupational Therapist, in this role you will be required to provide clinical supervision to other team members. You will also provide support and advice to a range of staff working within the remit of Care Direct Plus and be part of a duty rota.
We can offer you Continuing Professional Development and preceptorship, alongside regular supervision, team meetings and peer support.
What we can offer you
- We are committed to your continuous professional development and preceptorship, doing all we can to help you excel in your career and with new and exciting opportunities for career development. You will receive excellent support and supervision, with regular opportunities to discuss and reflect on your practice, both with your line manager and peers.
- We offer 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays, rising incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Recognition of NHS continuous service for contractual annual leave purposes (within DCC Terms & Conditions)
- Flexible working opportunities are available, these include part-time hours, flexitime, compressed working hours and homeworking (this is subject to the needs of the role – please discuss at further at interview)
- Offer an opportunity to enter a generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- As a place to live and work, Devon is hard to beat with top-performing schools, universities, vibrant cities, pretty villages and some of the most scenic coast and countryside in the UK.
For further information on this role please contact David Aczel on email@example.com or phone 07970 015593
Please note Devon County Council is not currently offering VISA sponsorship for this role. We will only consider applicants with valid Right to Work in the UK.