Do you have an interest in making a difference to the health and wellbeing of children?
If you have a QCF or equivalent qualification or NVQ 3 Foundation degree (Childcare related) or equivalent and would like to join a progressive, forward thinking and innovative Public Health Nursing team; we would love to hear from you.
We have various vacancies in the Tiverton, Cullompton and Northern areas with a variety of hours available.
The Community Health Worker supports families with children aged 0-8 years by working with them in clinics, groups, and the home setting. They also support families with their child’s development by carrying out the 1 and 2 1/2 year development review. Community Health Workers integrate with the Health Visitor and School Nurses to support with the whole family assessment; as well as supporting parents with behaviour management, toilet training, sleep management and targeted episodes of care as directed.
You’ll have a passion for working with children, a comprehensive understanding of children’s safeguarding and a knowledge of the Healthy Child Programme and wider public health agenda.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the qualities in the person specification and be committed to their on-going professional development to ensure quality in the delivery of care is maintained.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Working Hours (Monday to Friday)
-Local Government Pension Scheme (you may be able to remain or join the NHS Pension Scheme instead, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria)
- Development Opportunities
- Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationNorth DevonMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupNursing
- Salary Details
£22,549 - £24,882 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermPermanentTemporary
- Appointment TypeVariable Hours
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required