Community Enabler (Ref 4910)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £22,777 - £24,496 per annum
Ability NOT Disability is our focus.
We are looking for individuals who are person-centred and strive to promote independence through the use of strength-based approaches. Are you passionate about wanting to encourage and empower vulnerable people to work towards and achieve specific goals resulting in a better quality of life? If yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We have 4 full time enabler vacancies in Exeter.
Within the 4 roles there is a requirement for 2 enablers to Specialise in Employment and Assistive Technology.
The Reaching for independence service works on a time limited basis with a broad range of young people and adults. The post is varied and busy, involving a dynamic caseload of vulnerable people that changes as goals are achieved and new referrals are allocated. We work with people to increase their levels of independence, through training and coaching in skills with the aim of enabling and not disabling. A desired outcome is to reduce reliance on paid support where possible.
The enabling role is community based and can include working in a persons’ home or working remotely using a range of assistive technology. Where appropriate, we will promote the use of technological solutions, e.g. Apps and a wide range of devices and daily living equipment. Within one of the enabling roles there will be an opportunity to work as an Assistive Technology Specialist, you will play a crucial role in supporting individuals with disabilities by providing access to and training on assistive technology devices and solutions. Your primary responsibility will be to empower and enable members of the community to overcome barriers and maximize their independence through the effective use of assistive technology.
Our service is also committed to supporting people into paid employment, with a passionate focus on Ability not Disability. One applicant will have the opportunity to work as an Employment Specialist, as an Employment Specialist you will play a vital role in supporting individuals in finding meaningful employment opportunities and promoting their successful integration into the workforce. Your primary responsibility will be to empower and enable members of the community, particularly those facing employment barriers, to achieve their career goals and enhance their overall quality of life.
Applicants will have an ability to inspire and support people who may have disabilities, in innovative ways, allowing them to overcome barriers to their independence. Applicants need to be able to work in a goal focussed way to achieve agreed outcomes. The ability to work with carers, family, friends, other professionals and the voluntary sector using a strength-based approach, is key to this role.
Our work is often in remote locations so there is a requirement to travel.
Our teams are supportive and full inductions take place. Ongoing training and continued professional development are available, alongside regular supervisions and team meetings.
If you are passionate about helping a wide range of vulnerable people to make positive person-centred changes, we would like to hear from you.
To find out more about this role and have an informal chat, you are encouraged to call us.
Rachael Moxon - 07966 990731.
Steve Robinson - 07870 681446.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.