We have a new and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated individual to join the Communities Team at Devon County Council as Commissioning Manager for Domestic Abuse and Interpersonal Violence. The team is responsible for developing and delivering the Council’s strategies to tackle domestic abuse and violence against women and girls.
As a senior manager within the team, you will have budget holding responsibility for commissioned and grant-funded services in Devon. You will have strategic and operational oversight of service delivery and the opportunity, supported by the Violence against Women and Girls Strategic Lead, to influence the wider strategic direction of travel, promote system change and bring innovation to the commissioning of services. This will include exploring joint commissioning opportunities and alternative methods of commissioning services and engaging the market.
As an innovator with forward thinking ideas, you will have a sound understanding of commissioning and commissioning intentions in the sector either from serving a commissioning function in the statutory sector or through operational management or business development experience in commissioned services.
You will be able to seek opportunities to increase and/ or consolidate funding streams with an ambition to provide, wherever possible, stability through sustained resourcing in order to foster growth and development of services for people experiencing or at risk of domestic abuse.
We are looking for someone that is driven by the agenda, values the importance of coproduction with stakeholders, including people with lived experience, and is not afraid to test new approaches and make and learn from mistakes along the way.
You will be an engaging and articulate communicator able to adapt to different circumstances and audiences in order to get the best out of opportunities.
As an open-minded lateral thinker, you will be able to work collaboratively with people in your close and wider team to define and achieve shared goals against the identified strategic objectives and will provide leadership to the team in order to achieve these.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please do not hesitate to contact Liz Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal conversation.