We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic Clerk to provide administrative support and professional guidance to the Governing Body. This is an interesting and varied role, involving flexible working from home as well as meetings in school. You will need to be skilled in the use of ICT (including WORD), and to have access to the internet and a computer. Good organisational and communication skills will be essential. Previous administrative experience would be helpful, but training for the role will be provided.
Currently the Full Governing Board is scheduled to meet 5 times per year, and the two main committees each meet twice per term. Meetings are usually held in school, starting between 4 pm and 6 pm, but virtual meetings may be needed at times. If extra meetings are needed, additional hours of work will be claimable.
- Preparing agendas, collating documents, and taking accurate minutes at meetings of the Governing Board and its committees, in liaison with the Chair of Governors and the Headteacher;
- Attending appropriate training, and keeping up to date with school governance information;
- Providing guidance on procedure, and responding to governor queries;
- Circulating documents/emails to governors (including the weekly Governance newsletter)
- Managing information effectively, in line with statutory requirements.
As a single-form entry C of E Primary School we have a strong sense of community, and we are committed to working as a team and supporting you in your role as Clerk.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
The school safeguarding policy is available to read on our website https://www.smups.devon.sch.uk/
For more details, please contact Hannah Cumings, the School Business Manager: email@example.com or contact the school on 01769 572656. Visits are warmly welcomed, and the Headteacher Mr Kevin O’Donnell, and Chair of Governors Lis Grandey would be very happy to chat with you about what the role involves.
Please use application form attached below. Your completed application form should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by 12 noon on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£11.59 - £12.70 per hour, depending on experience
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
7 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required