Clerk to the Governors - Bow Community Primary School
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
- £11.81 per hour
Bow Community Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Clerk to the Governors who has excellent administrative, interpersonal and communication skills and is keen to support the work of our Governing Body in our friendly, forward thinking rural school.
You will be responsible for:
• Attend all governor meetings and take and produce accurate minutes and maintain Governor records ;
• Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and flexibility in all matters;
• Be IT literate and have excellent administration skills;
• Liaise with the local authority Governors Services Team and attend termly clerk briefings;
• Preparation, typing and distribution of agendas and associated paperwork;
• Maintaining accurate records of the Governing Body and its membership;
• Advising the Governing Body on procedural issues, legal responsibilities and constitutional matters;
• Policy preparation, maintenance, and distribution to staff and Governors.
Knowledge of how schools and governing bodies operate would be an advantage along with previous experience of similar work.
We can offer you:
• A beautiful rural school set in the heart of its community, with very supportive colleagues, parents and governors;
• Excellent continued professional development both within and beyond the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
For further details and an application form please contact the school office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01363 82319.
Please apply by 12:00 on the closing date.
Interview Date: 28 March 2023.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£11.81 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
4.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required