The Governors are looking to appoint a professional, enthusiastic Clerk to Governors to ensure the effective administration of our Governing Board from September 2022.
Duties will include:
• Providing effective administrative support to the Governing Board, its committees and individual governors, which involves effective meeting management (preparing agendas in collaboration with the Chair of Governors and Headteacher, distribution of documentation ahead of meetings, minute taking and following up on any meeting actions);
• Providing advice to the Governing Board on governance and procedural matters;
• Managing information effectively and in accordance with legal requirements, observing confidentiality where necessary.
The work of the Governing Board is undertaken by lead Governors and the full Governing Body meets once a month. You will be required to attend monthly governor meetings in school which often take place during the early evening.
You must have good ICT skills and be able to work on your own initiative. Good organisational and communication skills are essential whilst being mindful of the need for confidentiality. Full details and Person Specification are included within the application pack. Experience of working in a school environment would be an advantage but is not essential. Training and support will be given as appropriate.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to email@example.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£10.60 - £11.70 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
6.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required