The Board of Governors and Headteacher are seeking to appoint a Clerk to Governors.
Lampard Community School is an over subscribed and thriving special school that works with students from 5-16 with complex needs and who all have significant communication and interaction needs.
We require a Clerk to Governors to support the Governing Body. This position is available for an immediate start.
Duties shall include:
• Clerking during all Governing Body meetings;
• Preparation and circulation of agendas;
• Typing up of minutes and circulation to governors within two weeks of the meeting;
• Appointment of governors and administration of Parental Elections;
• Liaison with Chair of Governors, Headteacher & School Business Manager over matters connected with the Governing Body.
You must have excellent attention to detail, the ability to compile accurate minutes and to manage a fluctuating workload, whilst demonstrating outstanding IT, organisational and communication skills. You shall attend approximately 10 meetings per year which are held in the evenings during term time.
We will offer:
• A friendly staff and school community;
• A purposeful working environment;
• Induction and training to meet your needs.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Information and application details are available on www.lampard.devon.sch.uk.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£10.60 - £11.70 per hour (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeVariable Hours
150 hours per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required