Tel: 01392 204764
Required from September 2022.
Following the move of our long standing postholder to another role within St Peter’s, we are now seeking to appoint a highly motivated Clerk to the Governing Board. The post holder will play a critical role in supporting the work of the Governing Board, and will have proven administrative experience, excellent organisational skills and a keen eye for detail. The ability to be self-motivated and to take the initiative are essential requirements for this post. The current postholder will be available to provide a supportive handover to you.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
• Providing effective administrative support to the Governing Board, its committees and individual governors, which involves effective meeting management (preparing agendas in collaboration with the Chair of Governors and Headteacher, distribution of documentation ahead of meetings, minute taking and following up on any meeting actions);
• Providing advice to the Governing Board on governance and procedural matters;
• To manage information effectively and in accordance with legal requirements, observing confidentiality where necessary.
This role could be home or school based depending on your individual circumstances. You would be required to attend governor meetings in school (approximately 18 per year) which often take place during the early evening. Our recent Ofsted report highlighted that “St Peter’s provides pupils with a good education that prepares them for life beyond school. Pupils learn about the importance of kindness, friendship and charity. As a result, the school is a calm, harmonious place where pupils enjoy learning.”
A willingness and ability to offer time and energy to our wellbeing programme and/or extra-curricular provision (which we believe adds significant value to our character based approaches to education, including Duke of Edinburgh and Ten Tors), will be taken into consideration for applications.
As a Church of England Aided School, in cases of equal merit preference will be given to candidates who are in sympathy with the foundation.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£10.60 - £11.70 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
450 hours per annum, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required