Cleaner - South Molton Community Primary School
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
- £10.60 per hour
South Molton Community Primary School is an expanding school that is looking for a Cleaner to join our team.
The school cleaner will work as part of a team to perform a variety of regular and one-off cleaning tasks and duties as directed by their supervisor/line manager. South Molton Community Primary School is a very successful well presented, well maintained Primary School. Decisions do not form a material part of the role, other than in the completion of tasks. Able to undertake work consistent with basic knowledge and skills.
This school can offer:-
- friendly and welcoming staff;
- high levels of support and guidance;
- well-maintained and good quality buildings.
We are looking for a cleaner who:-
• can provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the school.
• be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of their designated area and for maintaining high and consistent standards of cleanliness.
• takes initiative to perform cleaning and tidying tasks that are not specifically contained within the rota but require attention as part of maintaining overall high standards.
• will liaise with Site Manager and other members of staff as required to ensure the cleaning rota operates smoothly around both school events and outside lets.
• reports cleaning supplies requirements and stock levels to the line manager.
• ensures Health & Safety, quality and general procedure compliance.
• works as part of a team and support other members of the cleaning team to meet standards and school objectives.
• reports any health and Safety issues to the Site manager or School Business Manager.
• has some knowledge of Health & Safety.
• has some knowledge of regulations as they relate to the operation of cleaning equipment and the dilution of cleaning materials.
• has knowledge of COSHH and the safe use of chemicals.
• has knowledge of cleaning best practices.
Has experience of undertaking a range of cleaning duties:
- Disposing of waste
- Replenishing consumables
This is a fixed term appointment until the end of July 2024, pending a review of our student numbers.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Application forms and further details can be downloaded from our website: www.southmoltonprimary.devon.sch.uk
Please send completed applications to email@example.com
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
£10.60 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
10 hours per week, 41 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required