Required from 1 January 2024 until 31 December 2024, to cover maternity leave.
Oldway Primary School is looking for two enthusiastic and inspirational teachers who are passionate about engaging learners and supporting them to achieve their best.
Post 1 is to teach in a Year 5 class and Post 2 is to teach in a Year 1 class.
Oldway Primary School is part of the Riviera Education Trust which is a multi-academy trust consisting of three local primary schools. We work in collaboration with Roselands Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy in order to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
We are looking for teachers who:
● Are extremely motivated, enthusiastic and creative in their approach to teaching and learning;
● Are committed to delivering the highest quality teaching and learning and ensuring the best possible outcomes for every child;
● Have high expectations of themselves and the children they work with;
● Are able to create a high-quality, stimulating, interactive and creative learning environment;
● Are able to work effectively within our hard-working, talented and friendly school;
● Are enthusiastic about the opportunity to work in partnership with team colleagues to plan high quality lessons across the curriculum;
● Are reflective and committed to developing their own practice;
● Are committed to developing the whole child and have the skills and interests that allow them to offer extra-curricular opportunities for pupils.
We can offer you:
● Happy, enthusiastic, creative children and colleagues;
● A welcoming, supportive and inclusive school ethos;
● A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children and ensuring every child achieves their full potential;
● Practice informed by full, evidence-based CPD opportunities for all our staff;
● An opportunity to be part of a collaborative Multi Academy Trust and work alongside a range of outstanding teachers, practitioners and professionals.
Regardless of where you are in your teaching journey, whether you are an Early Careers Teacher or an experienced Teacher, we would love to hear from you!
Salary will be in accordance with the Teachers Pay Spine, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Further details are included in the Job Description and Person Specification.
Visits to the schools are welcome by prior arrangement. Or, if you would like an informal chat about this role, please contact Emma Bamber, Head of Oldway Primary School, on email@example.com.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
The application form can be found at www.rivieratrust.co.uk/vacancies.
Your completed application form should be returned to HR Department, Riviera Education Trust, Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, Devon TQ3 2SY or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Inspiring the individuals of today, for a better society tomorrow
Interview Date: 10 October 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
Main Pay Scale
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
Post 1: Full Time, 32.5 hours per week, Post 2: Part Time, 13 hours per week (Thursday & Friday)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required