Required from 1 September 2022.
Do you want to make a difference for every child? Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude and are committed to removing barriers to learning for all pupils?
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced teacher to provide leadership cover to an upper key stage 2 class, and PPA cover in other classes across the school. You will be joining a group of five other Plymouth Trust schools and a wider family of 18 Trust schools which presents a wealth of opportunities for professional development and to develop your career and leadership skills whatever your career stage. You will be self-evaluative, welcome challenge and be prepared to continually improve your teaching and ‘go the extra mile’ as part of a friendly, supportive team who are all dedicated to improving outcomes for the children in our school.
We are looking for:
- Teachers who are highly effective at using assessment for learning to inform and adapt their teaching within the lesson and to plan for future learning;
- A Teacher with excellent subject knowledge and experience of the upper key stage 2 curriculum requirements;
- The ability to tailor learning to meet all groups of learners including SEND, EAL, PPG and higher attaining pupils;
- A sound understanding and commitment to inclusive practice; able to identify and remove barriers to learning;
- A commitment to working in collaboration within parents, the wider community and the Trust family of schools;
- Teachers who can form excellent relationships with pupils, inspiring all to be the best they can be;
- Someone who supports and can uphold the Christian foundation of our school and Trust;
- Someone who is reflective and who has high expectations of themselves and others.
In return, we can offer:
- A rapidly improving school and a range of CPD that enables you to continue your growth and development as a teacher;
- Delightful children that deserve the very best;
- A well-resourced school, tucked away in the heart of the city but with ample grounds and accommodation.
To arrange a visit, please contact the school office on 01752 667724.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Please visit www.stchristophersmat.org for further details and an application form.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org. Please indicate your curriculum strengths in your letter of application.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.