Location: Sherwell Valley Primary School, Hawkins Avenue, Chelston, Torquay. TQ2 6ES
Required to start January, 2024 or sooner.
This post is fixed term until 31/08/2024 (Permanent for the right candidate).
Do you have a passion and interest in delivering high quality lessons? Do you want to influence the life chances of children whilst being a valued part of a supportive team? If so this might be just the kind of opportunity that will suit you.
We are a successful and vibrant primary school in Torquay and are looking to appoint a full time teacher. We are looking for a teacher who is resilient; who believe in the potential of all children; who can inspire a love of learning and who is ready to work as part of our team to make our school the best we can imagine.
Sherwell Valley is a great place to work, with wide opportunities and excellent support. All our teachers work within year group teams of staff and are led by a highly experienced and confident phase leaders.
We can offer you an amazing place to work and some great benefits, including:
• Competitive pay and opportunities to develop your skills.
• Teachers’ pension scheme.
• Eden Red/My Lifestyles - our benefits scheme which provides a range of great savings and perks for staff.
• On-site parking and well equipped school workplace.
• Opportunities to access quality CPD, to ensure professional success and personal satisfaction.
• A team of dedicated staff who are passionate about supporting teaching and learning to provide the best start to all children’s education and wellbeing that attend our school.
• A culture of trust which is fair, developmental, and supportive of staff and pupils.
• A strong and achievable school vision and values that are imbedded in our school.
• Supportive team.
• Leadership experience.
Visiting the school prior to submitting an application:
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged. If it is difficult for you to make a planned visit, you are welcome to phone our office and we can organise for our headteacher or a member of our leadership team to call you back to discuss the role in more depth and answer any questions you may have. Please call 01803 613296 to arrange either of the above.
About the Selection Process
Those candidates whose applications we are pursuing will be contacted shortly after the closing date and invited to interview. At this stage we will take up references unless the candidate explicitly asks us not to contact a referee at this stage.
This post falls into the category of Regulated Activity. Sherwell Valley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
An application form, job description and person specification can all be downloaded from the school website at: Job Vacancies | Sherwell Valley Primary School (sherwell-valley-primary.torbay.sch.uk).
Please submit your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: Tuesday 17th October, 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
MPS 1-7 depending on experience (£28,000.00 - £38,810.00)
- Job TermPermanentFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required