Required to start January 2023.
This post is on a fixed term contract for the rest of the academic year 2022/2023. A job share would be considered.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and inspiring teacher to be part of our teaching team in Year R – Year 6 who can help us achieve our mission to 'Thinking creatively; learning together; Trusting in God’. You will cover PPA for 2.5 days per week and cover Senior Leadership Team for 2 days per week. We are looking for someone who can develop strong, positive relationships that inspire children to be the best they can be academically, personally, socially and spiritually. This will be a 2 term fixed term post due to a temporary internal secondment. The school wishes to recruit a member of staff who can be flexible and join a team of hard working and dedicated teachers.
You will work as part of a team, under the direction under the direction of the phase leader, Headteacher and Deputy Head, to ensure all children are receiving the best possible education to reach their full potential.
We are interested to know, through your personal statement, any subject interests or age phase expertise. Applications from newly qualified and early careers teachers are welcomed.
Our new teacher needs to:
- Be an exemplary teacher, who is an inspirational, creative and innovative;
- Have a sound pedagogical understanding of how children learn, including effective teaching and behaviour management strategies;
- Plan an engaging and motivating curriculum rooted in first hand experiences: making the most of the school and local environment;
- Demonstrate a commitment to inclusion;
- Be a reflective practitioner.
In return, we can offer:
- Children who are keen to learn, look after each other and are proud of their school;
- A supportive and dedicated staff team, who are passionate about providing our children with the best learning opportunities;
- Professional development opportunities to enhance career aspirations;
- A supportive and coaching approach to school improvement and teacher development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. Candidates are encouraged to read our Safeguarding policy before applying.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
If you would like to visit our school, please call St Sidwell’s CofE Primary School on 01392 255551 to arrange a visit. A visit to the school is possible between 9am and 4pm on 22nd November. If you would like to visit outside of this time, please call the school.
To apply please complete the application form, which can be found on Vacancies | St Christopher's Multi Academy Trust (stchristophersmat.org) and should be returned by email to HR@stcmat.org by 9am on the closing date.
Please let us know age phase and subject specialisms in your application.
Interview Date: Friday 2nd December 2022