The Village Schools Partnership is a federation in northwest Devon committed to high quality education in rural primary schools. We are appointing an excellent class teacher (0.6FTE) and federation SENDCO (0.4FTE) to join our team from September 2024. Initially, the Class Teacher element of this post will be at Woolsery Primary School. We will consider applicants with experience in either Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2, and also those who do not currently hold a national SENDCO qualification.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about providing excellent rural education for our children with exciting first-hand learning opportunities, high expectations and a commitment to work as part of a team across our three schools. The successful applicant will be passionate about all aspects of SEND and Inclusion and have the personal skills and experience to champion this across the Partnership.
If you would like to work in the beautiful North Devon countryside, serving the communities of Clovelly, Woolsery, Parkham and Buckland Brewer please read on…
Our successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of excellent primary school teaching
- Have high expectation for educational standards and behaviour, including for those with SEND
- Have an excellent knowledge of current educational practice, pedagogy and research.
- Have the ability to lead a subject area across the Partnership
- Work effectively with the staff team across all three schools, with parents and with the local community
- Have a passion for outdoor learning and rooting children’s learning experiences in their local community
- Have the ability to nurture our children so that each is able to reach their full potential
The Village Schools Partnership offers:
- Children who are welcoming, happy, curious and motivated to learn
- Opportunities to develop your own career across the three schools in our new Partnership
- The best of rural education in small schools, with access to the Clovelly Bay AONB
- Opportunities to develop professional skills within our flagship Forest School and outdoor learning programme which is currently in its 16th year at Woolsery Primary School
- A supportive and experienced staff team
- A qualified, experienced and effective Assistant SENDCO and Pastoral Staff
- Training (if required) to achieve national SENDCO qualifications
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires a DBS disclosure. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English. Online searches may be done as part of pre-recruitment checks.
Visits to the Village Schools Partnership, and especially Woolsery Primary School for this vacancy, are warmly welcomed and should be arranged by contacting the school on 01237 431307.
Please apply by email using the application form, referring to the person specification and email your completed application to the Headteacher, Matt Cole, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by midday on the closing date.
Interview Date: 21st March 2024
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevonTorridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
TPS (Special Needs 2 Allowance £5008)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
0.6 Teaching, 0.4 SENDco
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required