Do you enjoy working outside?
Would you like to have a positive impact on your local area?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Civil Enforcement Officer based at our office in Taw View, Barnstaple. Civil Enforcement Officers ensure that all drivers follow parking policies on public streets and in car parks. They are an important part of keeping our roads moving and ensuring public safety.
This opening would suit someone who;
- Enjoys working outside, think of all that fresh air and exercise!
- Wants to join a reliable business and team, you will play a key role in your local area.
- Has excellent Customer Service skills and enjoy working with the public.
- Likes to be part of a large diverse team but can work by yourself without too much direction.
- Is resilient, reliable, and conscientious.
- Have a full UK Driving License.
Does this sound like you? If so, what will you bring?
- You will have excellent customer care skills and is able to converse in a friendly and effective manner.
- You will patrol public streets and council car parks to issue Penalty Charge Notices.
- You will guide the public on rules and advise about parking provisions.
- And you will report any defects to street furniture, such as signs and road markings.
Devon County Council offers full training and development for our successful applicants.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.