About the role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Childcare Practitioner, who will become a proactive member of our Kidzone team. You will play a crucial role in assisting the Childcare Manager and Deputy Childcare Manager in delivering exciting and engaging day-to-day activities at Westbank’s Kidzone After School & Holiday Club, Pre-School and Play Group services.
As a Childcare Practitioner:
• You will assist the Childcare Manager in delivering day-to-day activities at Westbank’s Kidzone After School & Holiday Club, Pre-School and Play Group services;
• You will provide stimulating activities and a high standard of care for children aged between 3-12 in a safe, secure environment;
• You will contribute to maintaining a varied and interesting selection of activities and play experiences for the children, becoming an integral part of their learning and development journey;
• You will provide full care for the children, including: collecting children from school and provision of snacks/refreshments, providing play opportunities and extend learning through play;
• You will maintain accurate data records, ensuring all administration is processed efficiently.
What we are looking for:
• Childcare Qualification, or NVQ in Play Work (Level 3 desirable);
• An understanding of the Play Work Principles and Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum;
• Level 2 Safeguarding Awareness Training (training will be offered);
• Health & Safety, Food Hygiene in the Workplace and Paediatric First Aid Certificates (training will be offered);
• Previous experience of caring for, or working with, children aged 3-12 in a voluntary or paid capacity;
• Enthusiasm for giving the highest possible quality care and educational opportunities;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with colleagues, parents, carers and children;
• Previous experience of teaching in a Pre-School setting (desirable).
What we offer:
• Contracted hours to help you achieve a better work-life balance;
• A generous allowance of 25 days of annual leave (pro rata) a year plus bank holidays;
• Sick pay leave following successful completion of probation period;
• Access to a 24/7 confidential advice line for staff including advice on everyday matters, debt and financial advice, legal and tax advice as well as family care advice;
• Inclusion in a friendly and professional team who prides itself in providing excellent childcare services to Exminster community;
• Staff discounts for our on-site Kidzone;
• Access to a well-equipped gym with parking available on site;
• Cycle to work scheme
Westbank is an award-winning, Devon-based registered charity established in 1986 and became a company limited by guarantee in 2007. The organisation was originally set up to provide practical and emotional support to people in the villages along with west bank of the River Exe. The organisation now works with communities and individuals across Devon.
The centre in Exminster includes an innovative gym with disabled access equipment, Kidzone, conference facilities, day care services and volunteering and community support services. We also deliver the Healthier Devon Type 2 Diabetes prevention programme in Devon.
Our charity is committed to supporting inclusion and diversity in everything we do, so we encourage all candidates who meet the requirements to submit their application.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupChildcareSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
Up to £20,202 FTE, depending on experience and qualifications
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
Up to 37 hours per week available, but we can be flexible for the right candidate
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required