Fixed term until 6th July 2023 (with potential for an extension)
About the role:
With a welcoming, inclusive environment, and a can-do, supportive work ethic, Westbank is the perfect organisation to work for! We work hard to ensure all our clients receive a high-quality, friendly and supportive service, often going above-and-beyond to meet their needs. Westbank is in an easy to-get- to location, with brilliant transport links. We also have free, on-site parking for staff with their own vehicle.
Based in Exminster, our Catering Team in many ways forms the hub of our service delivery, meaning this is a pivotal role for Westbank. We have a varied clientele to cater for, including lunches for day care and pre-school attendees, a Café within Exminster, and hospitality services where we cater for small and medium sized events. You will play a crucial role within the team by:
• Preparing and cooking hot meals, and any other food preparation, for our Day Care and Pre School clients;
• Ensuring food is stored and labelled safely and correctly, following all relevant policies and procedures;
• Ensuring that food safety guidelines and standards are adhered to at all times;
• Oversee the storage and rotation of stock, including surplus stock;
• Providing catering and general support to our hospitality clients.
What we are looking for:
• Experience of working in a catering environment;
• Experience of menu planning with GP margins;
• Experience of managing and developing small team of catering assistants;
• In-date Food Hygiene Certificate, or willingness to work towards this;
• Proven experience of delivering high-quality food in commercial/community catering;
• Good understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of healthy eating.
What we offer:
• Contracted hours to help you achieve a better work-life balance;
• A generous allowance of 25 days of annual leave (pro rata) a year plus bank holidays;
• Sick pay leave following successful completion of probation period;
• Access to a 24/7 confidential advice line for staff including advice on everyday matters, debt and financial advice, legal and tax advice as well as family care advice;
• Inclusion in a friendly and professional team who prides itself in providing excellent childcare services to Exminster community;
• Staff discounts for our on-site Kidzone;
• Access to a well-equipped gym with parking available on site;
• Cycle to work scheme
You will be joining a well-established, continuously-growing charity that supports its staff in all aspects of their employment. Within this role, you will be joining a supportive, inclusive team, where flexibility and understanding is at the centre of what we do. With a range of employee benefits, enhanced annual leave entitlement and the satisfaction that working for a charity gives, apply today to give yourself the opportunity to play an integral part in supporting our service users!
Westbank is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is, therefore, subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Our charity is committed to supporting inclusion and diversity in everything we do, so we encourage all candidates who meet the requirements to submit their application.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
£6,240 pro rata (£19,240 FTE)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
12 hours per week (Wednesday, 09.30 - 14.30, Thursday, 09.00 - 16.30)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required