We are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to join our current catering team to provide healthy, nutritional meals for students and staff. You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of food, serving of school meals and interaction with students on the tills. You will adhere to all legislation relating to food safety and hygiene. Previous experience in food preparation and a current food hygiene certificate is desirable but training will be provided.
The hours are 7am - 2.30pm (Monday - Friday), inclusive of a 30-minute unpaid break.
Benefits of working at Torquay Academy include:
• Priority admission to the Academy for secondary places;
• Free gym membership to support health and wellbeing;
• Cycle to work scheme through salary sacrifice;
• Electric Vehicle leasing scheme through salary sacrifice.
Informal visits are welcome and encouraged. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Torquay Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks along with other relevant employment checks.
To find out more about working with us, and to apply, please visit www.tqacademy.co.uk/recruitment.
Interview Date: w/c 3 October 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
Scale Point 2 £20,441 per annum pro rata (£16,557 per annum actual)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
35 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required