Required to commence as soon as possible.
At the Link Academy Trust, we are seeking to appoint a number of individuals to increase the central support team. We are looking to introduce ‘floating’ roles that will provide additional cover across our academies* wherever the need is required.
You will work alongside our existing catering team assisting in providing high quality meals for children, staff, visitors and events at our busy school. You will need to have an appreciation for the challenges of working in a busy kitchen and be willing to carry out a variety of roles, including food preparation, storage of food stuff, washing up as well as other activities that may change on a day-to-day basis.
The successful applicant will need to have a full driving licence with Occasional Business Use insurance cover and be extremely flexible and willing to travel to any academy within the Trust at short notice. The period of cover will differ each time and may at times be just a single day or a number of weeks. A mileage allowance will be paid to and from a specific point – to be confirmed on appointment.
*This particular role will cover the southern group of schools around the Totnes and Newton Abbot area. Please see the home page of our Trust website for locations.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation and serving of meals as required to include main meal, desert and drinks to pupils and staff
- Assist with the laying up of table and serving counters and then clearing, cleaning and tidying following lunchtime period
- To comply with all aspects of Health & safety and Food Hygiene Act.
- Temperature testing of food
- Clearing up and removal of waste food, packaging and other waste generated by the kitchen and its activities
- Furniture moving in dining area as required
Ideally, you will:
- Previous experience in a similar role in a school or commercial environment;
- Be able to build good relationships with children and staff and be a friendly and positive presence in our school;
- Be willing to work as part of a team and have a good sense of humour;
- Be able to use your own initiative when required;
- Be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you would like to visit any of the schools or wish to know more about the role, please don’t hesitate to contact Sue Howard on 01803 762113 and she will put you in touch with the necessary people.
If you think the above sounds like an exciting opportunity and you feel you are the person we are looking for to fill these roles, please go to our Trust website http://www.thelink.academy/web/vacancies_1/558656 to download an application form. All completed applications to be sent to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 1st February 2023 12noon
Interview Date: To be annouced.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
NJC Grade C Point 4 £10.98 per hour, £14,888.88 per annum (FTE £21,189 per annum)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
30 hours per week (5 days a week) 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required