We have an exciting opportunity for a Catering Assistant to join the Goodleigh C of E Primary School and Ilfracombe Infant & Nursery School Federation from 1 September 2022.
We aim to be a school where all pupils can achieve as well as they can, they can grow and develop intellectually, emotionally, physically and spiritually within a family atmosphere in which education is the joint responsibility of pupils, parents and staff. We promote an ethos of respect for ourselves, others and the environment. Our aim is that children care about each other and others from different backgrounds.
We are looking for a hard-working and highly motivated individual to join our friendly team. You will be responsible for supporting the kitchen manager in the preparation and cooking of school meals and will have a flexible attitude and can-do approach to a variety of tasks in our busy kitchen.
Ideally, previous catering experience and a Level 2 food safety qualification would be an advantage, although not essential as full training will be given.
We can offer the opportunity to work in thriving schools alongside a dedicated, hard working team.
In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
• 25 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays;
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website;
• Caring and Childcare Benefits;
• Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme - available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life.
To discuss the role further, or to arrange a visit, please call us on 01271 863462.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
£9.50 per hour (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
22.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required