Brixham College seeks to appoint a Catering Assistant to join the enthusiastic and professional support at ThinkingFood.
The successful candidate will assist in the provision of a friendly catering service, performing a variety of manual tasks associated with food production and service.
Applicants must have a keen interest in catering and the important role it plays in school life, together with a passion for food production and customer service.
Please note the salary is subject to agreement in line with September 2022 salary increases, but the amounts shown are a minimum of what you will earn.
Your new role:
• You will support the college in it’s drive to raise standards for all students by helping to provide a high-quality Catering Service;
• You will assist the Catering Manager and Assistant Catering Manager with all aspects of food preparation, food service, kitchen hygiene and other duties associated with the running of the college’s catering service.
For further details, please see the JD and person specification.
What our Trust will offer you:
• The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos;
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career;
• Supportive Senior Leadership Team and excellent CPD opportunities across the school and our Trust;
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas;
• Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant staff of the other secondary schools within our trust;
• Access to an exclusive competitive discount scheme across national retail stores;
• Free parking in our staff carpark.
Brixham College is a successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school located in Torbay. The college is committed to serving our local community, championing inclusion and seeking innovative ways to engage students and their families. To find out more about our school, click here.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth. We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
• Think about their Thinking;
• Be their Best self;
• Shape their Success.
In this way we transform life chances.
View our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and click here to read more about our Trust.
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
If you would like to arrange an informal conversation to discuss the role in more detail, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage anyone who may be interested in working at our school to contact Mary Currie (MCurrie@brixhamcollege.co.uk) to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site, please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE, we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates. If you have any questions regarding this process, please email email@example.com.
The following documents are available relating to this vacancy: BRIX Job Description - Thinking Food - Catering Assistant.pdf
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
TSAT Pay Group 2 £20,252 - £23,918 pro rata (£8,522 - £9,575 actual salary) £9.50 - £11.39 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
Fixed Term until 21 July 2023, 20 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required