We are looking for a dedicated and flexible caretaker who takes pride in their work to look after and maintain our large primary school and grounds.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring the security of the site and being a designated keyholder;
- Complying with H&S requirements and performing routine H&S checks;
- Basic maintenance tasks, repairs and decorating whilst keeping the site and grounds tidy and well maintained;
- Occasional out of hours call outs and security for lettings.
Split shifts Monday - Friday during school term time and condensed hours during school holidays.
We are looking for someone who can work under their own initiative and has good DIY skills - H&S training in specific areas will be provided.
A good work ethic, both a sense of pride and humour, alongside a willingness to adapt to circumstances as they arise, are essential. You will be an integral part of our team, working directly with the senior leadership team to keep the site safe, smart and functioning.
Please see the job description and person specification for further details of the post.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 01404 548700 to arrange a convenient time.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Your completed application form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CV's will not be considered.
Please apply by 10am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 1 July 2022
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
£9.99 - £10.39 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
30 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required