Caretaker - Fremington Community Primary & Nursery School (Tarka Learning Partnership)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- Grade D
Tarka Learning Partnership is a Multi Academy Trust at the heart of Barnstaple, North Devon, comprising of one secondary school, seven primary schools and one teaching school partnership.
Due to the recent expansion of the Estates division, Tarka Learning Partnership is seeking to appoint one Site Caretaker to work at Fremington Primary School. We are looking for an individual who takes pride in their work, is committed and hardworking and would also have the skills to lead and manage a small team of cleaning staff. The successful candidate will embrace our ethos of working together.
Previous experience of school caretaking is desirable, although not essential as full training will be provided.
Particular qualities we will be looking for are:
• An enthusiastic ‘can do’ approach, able to work with others and on own their initiative;
• A keen eye for detail;
• A good understanding of the importance of a well presented and maintained premises, creating a safe environment for both working and learning;
• A proactive thinker who is willing to share ideas for improvement;
• Experience of hands-on general maintenance;
• A good team player willing to support as well as manage people;
• Is willing to work towards Level 3 pool Plant operator certificate and has experience of, or is willing to learn how to, manage a swimming pool.
The duties of a school Site Caretaker include:
• Opening and closing the school;
• General maintenance and minor repairs;
• Liaising with contractors;
• Managing heating and alarm systems;
• Security of the premises;
• Basic cleaning and management of the cleaning team;
• Key holding (including out of hours call outs);
• Cleaning standards and procedures monitoring, working to trust wide formats and COSHH regulations;
• Health & Safety monitoring using trust wide asset management software to ensure statutory compliance is met.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
The application form and further details are available to download from www.fremington-primary.devon.sch.uk.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to email@example.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 29 March 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
35 hours per week (7 hours per day: 7am - 10am / 2pm - 6pm split shift), 52 weeks per annum (annual leave entitlement 25 days per year plus 3 additional days at Christmas)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required