Location: Barnstaple, Bideford, Ilfracombe, Hybrid working available
Type of working arrangement: Hybrid Worker. A Hybrid Worker is an employee whose role can be performed remotely from a variety of alternative locations including force premises, partner organisation premises or a member of staff's home.
We welcome applications from individuals wishing to work on a part-time basis and are willing to consider flexible working patterns subject to business need.
The above salary is based on a full time (37 hour) salary. If you are successful in a part time role this will be pro-rata'd to reflect your working hours.
Please note: Exceptions to starting salary may apply if you are an existing Police Staff employee substantively posted to a role at the same grade.
Devon and Cornwall Police have an opportunity for a Caretaker to join the Estates Team and provide support within the North Devon area and Bude.
This role will involve providing routine maintenance, including minor repairs and construction, so that satisfactory upkeep of police properties, including custody areas, within the area of responsibility is achieved. This includes undertaking minor alterations to fixtures, fittings and buildings; and liaising with contractors. Some manual lifting and carrying, sometimes of heavy items, will also be required.
The ideal candidate should possess a good, broad-based practical background in general building/maintenance activities and be able to plan their daily workload effectively. Proven customer service skills are also key, with the ability to liaise effectively with contractors and suppliers.
Preferably, you will be based at either our Barnstaple, Bideford or Ilfracombe Station however other locations within the area may be considered. Barnstaple is our biggest location with the greatest need so will therefore require a visit most days. A force vehicle is provided for travel between Police locations. There is some flexibility for very occasionally work from home.
This is a great opportunity, not only to join our Police Force, but to be a part of one of Devon and Cornwall's largest employers and gain from all the benefits that brings.
Our benefits include:
- A competitive salary with yearly increments.
- Flexitime, with the ability to undertake your hours flexibly and in line with business need.
- Local government pension scheme.
- Free onsite parking at HQ
- Sick pay allowance, variable in accordance with length of service.
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme for discounts and services.
- Access to Group insurance scheme (via salary sacrifice scheme).
- Support networks, free Employees Assistance Programme, including for immediate family, and Occupational Health and wellbeing services.
- Access to Force gyms
Should you wish to have an informal discussion about the role please contact: Hiring Line Manager, Julia Wordley on 07889702123 or by email: Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information and to apply, please click here: Caretaker - Devon & Cornwall Police and Dorset Police (tal.net)
Closing Date: 27 September 2023 at 12:00
Interview Date: Will commence the week of 9 October 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevonTorridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
Starts at £23,556 rising by yearly increments to a maximum of £24,462 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required