Due to the retirement of the current postholder, we have a fantastic opportunity for an energetic, motivated maintenance caretaker to join our team in Woolwell. The successful candidate will help us ensure that our school provides a safe and welcoming environment for staff, children and visitors.
This is a very hands-on position, therefore, we would especially like someone who would really care for our school, ensuring it looks its best, is safe and exemplifies the high expectations we have of our children. The role will include a wide range of responsibilities and duties connected with the fabric of the building, health and safety, grounds and facilities management and security.
The role will be to work Monday to Friday, ideally as a split shift 7am - 9am and 3pm - 7pm, however, an afternoon shift finishing at 7pm can be considered.
You will need to:
• Be a hands-on individual who can develop and implement systems / processes as well as maintain current ones;
• Have previous experience of building maintenance and knowledge of basic plumbing, joinery, electrical and decorating repair;
• Be able to implement risk assessments and provide recommendations;
• Contribute to projects and maintenance schedules;
• Be responsible for opening and closing the school and responding to emergency call outs;
• Be able to perform a wide range of health and safety checks;
• Manage a small team of cleaners.
We can offer:
• A successful school with happy, polite children;
• Good professional development opportunities;
• 5-6 weeks holiday per year, plus bank holidays;
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Further information, including an application form, is available from www.bickleighdown.co.uk.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to email@example.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManagement & Senior ManagementManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
£21,370 - £23,869
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
30 hours per week, all year round
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required