This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, proactive and caring person.
Do you have some caring experience or maybe you love learning new skills?
Are you looking for a rewarding job or possibility for a career progression?
Qualification's are second to personality and drive to provide an excellent care as full training provided.
Mapleton is a 20-bed care home for individuals with dementia and some challenging behaviours run by a friendly and supportive management team.
We are currently recruiting for a full time and part time day care assistant hours.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- To deliver the care needs of all service users as per individual care plans and in line with CQC requirements. This will include personal care, emotional support, activities
- To maintain electronic records of all care action.
- To complete all online mandatory training within agreed timescales.
- Assist with service user’s admissions and discharges.
- To work in a way that ensures vulnerable service users are safeguarded.
- To communicate with rest of the team, families and health professionals.
- To assist in maintaining the safety and security of the premises, staff and service users.
- To participate in the mentoring of new staff as part of the Induction process.
- To attend and contribute to meetings as necessary.
- To assist with domestic tasks throughout the home.
- To assist with minor catering duties including food preparation and serving at meal times.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£19,264 - £20,043 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeVariable Hours
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required