Location - Woodland Vale Torrington
Woodland Vale is a 20 bed Residential home in Great Torrington. We provide support for people who have a dementia and supporting other Services with in the home.
The Purpose of the role
- To contribute to delivering the care needs of all service users as per assessed need within the individual care plan.
- To contribute to delivering care and services in accordance with the requirements of care quality commission (Care Quality Commission (CQC)) standards.
- To administer prescribed medicine under supervision and in accordance with Care Quality Commission (Care Quality Commission (CQC)) and Royal Pharmaceutical Standards.
- To work in a way that ensures vulnerable service users are safeguarded.
- To liaise on occasions, as appropriate with other agencies/professionals, including care management staff and day unit staff.
- To contribute to records that ensure compliance with care quality commission (Care Quality Commission (CQC)) Standards and DCC policies, which may include the use of I.T.
- To assist in maintaining the safety and security of the premises, staff and service users using the service.
- To contribute to health and safety and adherence to Health and Safety Act 1974.
- To report any issues of concern to line manager.
- To participate in the mentoring of new staff as part of the Induction process.
- To attend and contribute to meetings as necessary.
- To assist with domestic tasks throughout the unit.
- To assist with minor catering duties including food preparation and serving at mealtimes.
- To carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope and purpose of this job description.
- Attend to the personal needs of clients in a residential environment during the night.
- Ensure the wellbeing and dignity of clients is maintained at all times.
- Promoting independence
For an informal discussion please contact Hannah Simpson or Claire Turner 01805 622206
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
What we can offer you
- Working for Devon County Council has all the benefits that you can expect from a large employer.
- In return for the vital contribution that you make, we offer:
- 26 days annual leave per year (rising with length of service) plus Bank Holidays effective from 1 April 2023
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life
- Flexible working opportunities, including home-working (subject to the needs of the role)
- Discounts from local and high street retailers through the Devon Discounts scheme
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevonTorridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£23,500 - £24,294 per annum, pro rata
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
18.12 approx average over 2-week rota + Bank Holiday, Saturday and Sunday Enhancement
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required