We are welcoming applications for the role of Capital Projects and Programme Lead with Dorset Police based at the following location(s): Police Headquarters, Winfrith, Dorset
Salary: Scale J - Starts at £53,529 rising by yearly increments to a maximum of £58,197 per annum
Please note that the above salary is based on working 37 hours per week. If this role is part-time or you are appointed on a part-time basis your salary will be prorated to reflect this. Exceptions to starting salary may apply if you are an existing Police Staff employee substantively posted to a role at the same Scale.
Type of working arrangement: Hybrid Worker - Hybrid working is a form of flexible working where workers spend some of their time working remotely (usually, but not necessarily, from home) and some in the employer's workspace.
Hours per week: this role is 37 hours per week. However, we welcome applications from individuals wishing to work on a part-time basis and we are willing to consider flexible working patterns subject to business need.
Allowances: This role attracts no allowances.
About the role:
To lead and be responsible for the successful conclusion of the PFI Programme, and the successful delivery of specific programmes, within Dorset Police Estates Strategy.
To lead, be responsible for, and deliver the PFI Exit Strategy for two PFI programmes, and specific programmes, as part of the wider Dorset estates change portfolio.
Build effective relationships with key stakeholders, including those at Executive level, within the OPCC and the Special Purpose Vehicle which supports the PFI Delivery mechanism.
Take responsibility for the running of the Strategic PFI Exit Strategy Programme, and Estates Capital Programme, taking the day-to-day strategic leadership of the constituent parts by managing the Dorset Police PFI Contracts Manager and Support Officers and specialist procured external consultants appointed to deliver key elements of the programme.
Define, agree and set the strategic direction for both programmes on behalf of the Senior Responsible Officer (SRO).
Prepare the Programme Brief, Programme Preparation Plan, Risk Registers and business case documentation.
Want to know more about this role?
Further detail regarding this role and the essential requirements can be found within the job description attached below.
If you think this may be the role for you and would like further information, please contact: Hiring Line Manager: Sam Munnings - Head of Estates by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by Telephone: 07712420558
What you get if you join us:
If you work for us, you will get access to:
- A competitive salary with yearly increments.
- Access to heavily subsidised gym membership that will provide you access to police site gyms throughout the counties.
- Access to the Blue Light Card Scheme for discounts and services (requires a one-off payment of £5).
- Company sick pay.
- Competitive local government pension scheme.
- Job related equipment supplied, as required.
- Free onsite parking at many police sites throughout the counties.
- Access to Group insurance scheme (via salary sacrifice scheme).
- Support networks, free Employees' Assistance Programme, Occupational Health and wellbeing services.
- Development and training opportunities available.
- Supportive and flexible training plan, including regular check-ins throughout your initial period of joining us to ensure you are up to speed with the role and getting the support you need.
- Flexitime, with the ability to undertake your hours flexibly and in line with business need.
- Hybrid working, with the ability to work remotely at times throughout the working week (once signed off the training plan).
Annual Leave Entitlement:
25 days a year leave entitlement, with an increase to 30 days after 5 years continuous employment, plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees).
Dual working: This role will require the post holder to travel to alternative locations on an ad hoc basis to undertake the role, travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with force policy.
Political Restrictions: None apply to this role.
For further information and to apply, please click here: Capital Projects and Programme Lead - Devon & Cornwall Police and Dorset Police
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDorsetHybrid
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupProject & Programme Management
- Salary Details
Scale J - Starts at £53,529 rising by yearly increments to a maximum of £58,197 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required