Business Support Officer; Communications & Engagement - Dartmoor National Park Authority
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
- Grade 3 £22,369 - £24,496 pro rata, per annum
Dartmoor National Park Authority works in partnership with local and national stakeholders to conserve and enhance Dartmoor as a vibrant, living, working landscape and community teeming with natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage.
We promote opportunities for the public to understand and enjoy the special qualities of Dartmoor National Park, whilst also promoting the economic and social wellbeing of local communities.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Business Support Officer to join us on a part-time basis to cover Maternity Leave, working three days per week.
- A good work/life balance with 3 working days a week
- Flexitime, and flexible working arrangements
- Local Government Pension Scheme
This is the ideal role for an admin professional with great communications skills and a background of working with the public to develop their career as part of our leading organisation.
Working for us is so much more than a regular job, it is an opportunity to join a team committed to maintaining the stunning landscapes of Dartmoor and supporting the public to enjoy the myriad activities within.
What’s more, you will have the chance to grow your skills and experience levels across various disciplines, ensuring this is the right role in which to progress your career.
As the Business Support Officer, you will support the effective delivery of communications and provide support for our visitor centres.
Supporting the Head of Communications & Engagement, you will provide support to communications publications and projects, provide administrative support to the visitor centres, help update social media and the website and support engagement events and activities.
To be considered as a Business Support Officer, you will need:
- Practical experience of working within an administrative environment
- Experience of working with the public in a customer-facing or communications role
- Experience of leading, supporting or organising projects and events
- Experience of managing data, gathering statistics and presenting information
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- At a minimum, English and Maths to GCSE standard or equivalent
Experience of updating website content and social media would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of working in communications. A business and/or administration qualification (e.g. NVQ Level 3) or equivalent would also be advantageous.
The willingness and ability to travel as required within Dartmoor National Park and surrounding area would be equally desirable.
So, if a highly satisfying role as a Business Support Officer sounds like the job for you, please apply via our website Job vacancies | Dartmoor.
Please apply by midnight on the closing date.
Interview Date: 27th June 2023 at Parke
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportCommunications, Marketing & PRBusiness Services
- Salary Details
Grade 3 £22,369 - £24,496 pro rata, per annum
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
22.2 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required