Business Analyst - Trading standards (Ref 4578)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £35,411 - £39,493 per annum
The Heart of the South West Trading Standards Service have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Intelligence Team.
The Service is jointly commissioned by Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay Local Authorities and is one of the largest Trading Standards Services in the Country. We cover 2 coastlines, Dartmoor & Exmoor National Parks and multiple areas of outstanding natural beauty. Also, the cathedral city of Exeter, historic port of Plymouth, County town of Taunton and the ‘English Riviera’ in Torbay.
We carry out a broad range of regulatory and business support activities essential to economic growth, public safety and protecting consumers. We are an intelligence-led Service, dedicated to supporting businesses and disrupting and prosecuting serious criminality across all areas of trading standards legislation.
We strive for innovation in our approach to regulation, providing excellent customer service and being a great place to work.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the operation, development and training for our main database. This contains details of all of our regulatory and advice activities – including premises records, visits, inspections, advice given, complaints, formal investigations and samples.
Working with managers, you will lead and co-ordinate the production of our operational and project plans and report on our performance, as well as researching responses to freedom of information requests.
You will produce timely and engaging performance reports for our internal and external stakeholders - including senior managers, councillors, contract managers from commissioning authorities, national regulators and the public.
You will help us to continually improve, by leading and developing our Quality Monitoring System. You will liaise with Lead Officers to ensure our operational procedures are up to date and usable by staff, as well as coordinating monitoring activities and making recommendations for improvement.
You will have excellent IT skills, particularly regarding data management and system administration. You will be keen to help us develop, being confident and approachable as the main trainer for our staff to help them make the best use of our systems.
You will be able to liaise confidently with managers, staff and stakeholders to obtain information as needed, as well as being able to write engaging performance reports. You will need to be able to manage competing priorities and be keen to gain knowledge and understanding of how Trading Standards operates.
We can offer you flexible/hybrid working to meet service need and the role can be performed within agreed flexible hours, with a combination of home and office working.
We have offices in Plymouth, Torbay, Kingsteignton, Exeter, Barnstaple, and Wellington. There is an expectation that you would be available to attend some meetings and events in person, and as we cover a large geographical area some travel is to be expected.
Find out more about us on our website https://www.devonsomersettradingstandards.gov.uk/
Please note a Police Enhanced Vetting (NPPV2) will be required for the successful candidate.
For an informal discussion please call Laura Cridland 01392 382081, Richard Styles 01392 382821 or Alex Fry 01392 383853.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.