We are recruiting for Finance Apprentices to work across a range of teams within Devon Finance Services. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to participate in our Step-In Apprenticeship Programme.
The duration of the contract will be 20 months. Apprentices will work towards achieving an Apprenticeship in Business Administration (Level 3) or AAT Accounting Technician (Level 3). This will be supported by a combination of training and practical work experience.
We offer a highly competitive starting salary of £18,516 per annum, 24.5 days holiday (inclusive of two extra statutory days and a technology day), flexible working arrangements, training and development.
Applicants should be:
- Keen and enthusiastic to learn and motivated to succeed
- Interested in learning more about a range of finance services within local government and how it might meet your future career aspirations
- Able to listen carefully and respond well to people
- Keen to network with fellow apprentices
- Willing to provide excellent service to the people of Devon
- Of suitable academic ability i.e., minimum qualifications of grade C (4) GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
This is an extremely exciting time to join us as we invest in the future Council workforce. If you have the ambition, drive and qualities we are looking for, then apply for our Step-In Apprenticeship Programme today!
Please be aware that interviews will be conducted remotely using teleconferencing facilities. We will provide more details on this to candidates that are being shortlisted.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Find out more at: devon.cc/apprenticeships or follow us on Facebook (Devon County Council Apprenticeship Scheme) and Twitter (@DCCApprentices)