Here at Babcock Education, we are looking to recruit a Bilingual Support Worker – Dari/Pashto or Farsi Speaking.
The main purpose of your role will be to provide bilingual support for children, young people and families across Devon. You will deliver learning and you will be a specialist bilingual knowledge resource by:
• Planning and delivering direct teaching support to bilingual pupils across the key stages in schools and other settings. This is primarily supporting children to access the curriculum through their first language.
• Delivering support to groups/individuals and work with whole classes where appropriate.
• Monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting of pupil’s achievement, progress and development in different schools.
• Supporting families and liaison between families in schools and within the wider community.
Key Tasks and Activities:
• Organising and managing an appropriate learning environment and resources within schools and other settings.
• Within an agreed system of supervision, plan challenging teaching and learning objectives and evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans as appropriate.
• Monitoring and evaluating pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies against pre-determined learning objectives.
• Providing objective and accurate feedback and reports as required on pupil/group achievement and progress, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence.
• Working within an established discipline policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence.
• Supporting the role of parents in pupils’ learning and contributing to/leading meetings with parents to provide constructive feedback on pupil progress/achievement etc using bilingual skills where appropriate.
• Contributing to the production of bilingual resource materials for the EMTAS (LDP) website.
What do I need to do the role?
You will need a Teaching Qualification and/or Teaching Experience, and be qualified to degree level.
We would also like you to have experience in the following:
• Numeracy/literacy skills (at least equivalent to level 2 of the national qualifications framework).
• Specialist skills/training in curriculum or learning area e.g. bilingual, sign language etc.
• Training in relevant learning strategies e.g. literacy.
• Experience of working with children or families in a learning environment.
• Experience of planning, translating and delivering resources in an educational environment.
• Experience of implementing national/foundation stage curriculum and other relevant learning programmes/strategies/
• Bilingual in Arabic with excellent interpreting skills.
What else do I need to know?
• This is a 39 Week Fixed Term Contract – 14.8 hour per week (2 days per week – flexible on which days).
• The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role – Enhanced DBS with Children’s Barred List check.
• Hold a valid driving licence and to have access to a car for business use.
Babcock LDP is a part of Babcock Education, providing integrated education improvement and specialist intervention services. We work with academies, schools and settings, Devon County Council, other Local Authorities and with a range of regional and national bodies. Babcock LDP provides a single integrated service, which enables us to understand more fully the needs of customers and to deliver the best services to meet those needs in a coherent way. Our mission is to improve the life chances of all children and young people.
Babcock Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
On submission of your CV, you will be requested to complete an Application form in line with our commitment to Safer Recruitment.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
To apply please click the Apply Now button or visit https://jobs.babcockinternational.com/job-invite/44081/
Closing Date: 24th June 2022