Fixed term to 30th September 2023 (with strong prospects of permanent role). To start at the earliest opportunity with notice.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Devon service for Behaviour Change IDVA, working with individuals who are perpetrating abuse.
This role is part of the commissioned Devon domestic abuse support service, which provides a whole family approach to preventing domestic abuse, and improving the quality of the lives of the families we work with.
The post holder will work as part of a multi-agency team, working closely with IDVAs (Independent Domestic Abuse Advisers) and the Children’s Team, but will interact closely with the Police led Domestic Abuse Integrated Offender Management team, to ensure that clients who use abusive behaviour are supported through every stage of the process of change.
Essential Criteria for the role:
- Experience of working with victims of domestic abuse or other vulnerable people in a challenging environment.
- Understanding of domestic violence issues and its impact on all those involved.
- Experience of assessing and managing risk.
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding.
- An understanding of confidentiality principles.
- Access to, and use of, transport with business use insurance.
Desirable Criteria for the role
- Knowledge and experience of working with perpetrators of domestic abuse.
Please refer to the Person Specification for full list of skills required for the role.
You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check , you will also undergo a police check.
Full job description and application forms are available on our website at Vacancies Archive - FearLess (fear-less.org.uk), by contacting FearLess by email email@example.com or on 01225 777724.
Please apply by midnight on the closing date.
Interview Date: 15th February 2023 (Exeter office or Teams if preferred)
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterEast DevonMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthYouth & Community
- Salary Details
£22,600 - £26,053 per annum
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required