We are looking for a self-motivated and inspirational Assistant Traffic Signal & Street Lighting Technician to support our Traffic and Street Lighting Team who administer Devon’s Street Lighting and Signal assets.
Good communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential and you would work to DCC’s core principles and behaviours, while assisting to achieve our Strategic Plan.
You should have a good general working knowledge of Street Lighting and/or Signals with awareness or experience within design, installation, contractor liaison, equipment specifications, health and safety and be confident working with electrical equipment on site. You will also be aware of exciting and innovative technology including Central Management Systems (CMS), Smart Cities, Electric Vehicle (EV) charging and the Internet of Things (IoT).
You should be educated to level 3 or above and hold a valid UK driving licence. You must be computer literate and be able to work with different specialised street lighting software packages (training will be made available where required).
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Darren Kelly Darren.email@example.com
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHighways, Transport & Traffic
- Salary Details
£22,369 - £24,496 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required